- If customer wraps/packs/boxes up their own furniture, or helps carry the items to/from the truck, Orange Coast Movers is not responsible for any damage done to these items during the move.
- If customer orders trailer for long distance move, we can pack and load it, but can not be held responsible for moving or any damage by a third party moving company (sub-hauler) like ABF, Upack, POD, Uhaul or any similar freight service.
- Orange Coast Movers are not responsible for furniture or walls/stairs/floors that are damaged due to inadequate space or unsafe conditions. There must be a 2 inch gap between the walls and the piece. Movers are not liable for any damage for all home assembled furniture, IKEA furniture, furniture made of particle board or compressed wood, appliances, sport equipment or hanging furniture/art pieces.
- Washer and dryer and/or refrigerator, appliances must be disconnected prior to movers’ arrival. If customer requests to hook up or disconnect water or gas lines the service will be provided from us, however Orange Coast Movers can’t be held responsible for any damage if installation or disconnection was performed incorrectly and caused any damage. Remember, we are movers, not plumbers.
A) In your car.
B) In original TV box from your TV in our truck or
C) In our blankets with additional boxes for protection (extra fee if asked) in our truck.
Please let your foreman know which option you desire. Note: You also have the option of purchasing insurance from a third-party insurance company. Before purchasing insurance, check your homeowner’s insurance policy to see if you’re already covered. For additional full coverage insurance please go directly to: https://www.cargocert.com/ , 1-855-402CERT or Relocation Insurance directly to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=0Ape3lipNGQ . Remember your TV’s is NOT fully covered by us.
- Due to safety we cannot take off our shoes or cannot put on shoe covers while moving any items inside/outside of your property. If you need protection for your carpet, floor or stairs, then you must make arrangements and purchase supplies (protection) ahead of time and install them before your moving day. If you have not made arrangements, we can prep your property by taping boxes on the walls and floors. Please remember, this service is available and will cost additional 30 minutes of work rate plus cost of supplies. In order to avoid slips and falls, there will be nothing placed or taped to the stairs due to safety factor. We want to avoid a possibility of injury, slip and fall or damage on/or your property. Orange Coast Movers Inc. is not responsible for damage to the item or the structure of your home when furniture is hoisted over the balcony
- Any client is not allowed to be inside of the truck, operate lift gate or move truck’s ramp.
- Orange Coast Movers will not be responsible for any damage caused by out vehicles to the foundation of your home, driveway or the complex parking area. Unless it is clearly posted for trucks not to park in that area.
- Any client is responsible for any parking tickets. It’s clients responsibility to arrange for parking space while in the process of moving.
- Customer is responsible for all tolls/dumping fees.
- If you are moving into storage or loading/unloading truck only, then your bill has to be settled before unloading. If order date for moving was made in less than 24 hours, then payment must be settled in cash.
- The person who is responsible for payment must be the same person on the moving services contract.
- Content of all cartons/boxes packed by shipper is unknown.
- Please understand and acknowledge that Orange Coast Movers do not carry these items for liability reasons: jewelry, firearms, explosives, plants, hazardous and flammable chemicals, liquids and foods
- Each move is different, therefore Orange Coast Movers does not guaranty the completion of the job in the 3 or 4 hour minimum rate. The move can be faster or slower depending on the situation. Additional time may be required if your move involves long walks from your apartment to the truck, narrow hallways and/or tight staircases, disassembling and reassembling of furniture, hoisting, moving of oversized, antiques items, ones with glass and/or marble, appliances move and items over 300lb. It is important to understand, that the move time will also depend on how well you are packed and organized: all drawers of all the furniture MUST be emptied, and all miscellaneous items packed neatly into moving boxes of correct sizes.